Jerry Pike Poems
- A Late Bird A late bird, your song flutters, heart to heart. ...
- And I Will Whisper And I will whisper in your ear, most any...
- A Life In The Day A Life In The Day Up before the pride ...
- I Cried I cried the stars that lit no sky I poured my heart ...
- Don'T Fall In Love Don't fall in love with no one for no one...
- Arise The seagulls caught me, counting my curses like a ...
- I Think I Am Close I think I am close, but I am far away, ...
First poems written in 2001
A graduate of the school of life
Two children and a wayward pencil
Jerry Pike more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jerry Pike
A Late Bird
A late bird, your song flutters, heart to heart.
I see notes hanging from telephone wires,
then falling softly into the deep grass.
And I lay there, staring out of this world,
into another’s sky, where perhaps you might
be laying, and I ask, who are you?
Over and over, and we drift,
making people out of wishes,
filling skies with cherry blossom
and fancy silken hopes, misplacing spilt dreams,
then throwing a coat down to hide them,
not quite sure who will step on
into the future, and who will sink
out of sight, below that rising heaven.