Jim Richardson Poems
- Journey I desire to take a journey To content my wandering ...
- Madness What madness? What madness lurks within my cranium ...
- O' Death Please, fetch my cloak and bind me close For death ...
- Charles, A Man's Man Today, do not mourn Charles, mourn for...
- A Voice Hark! I hear a voice! Whose voice do I hear? It ...
- Almighty Almighty God, I come to you in grief and ...
- Maybe Maybe tomorrow the wind will blow And dry my cheeks of...
I have been writing poetry for many years. In the past few years I have been trying to read the classical poets,
Donne, Marvell, Herbert, Traherne and Vaughn. These guys are also known as the metaphysical poets. As you can see I love Poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I desire to take a journey
To content my wandering soul,
I have a passion for a land
On some high and windy Knoll.
Some isolated parcel known
Only unto God,
A small portion of heaven
Where no mortal has ever trod.
Lord, take me on this journey,
Direct my step in where to go,
Hasten my pace O'Lord, I'm
Moving much too slow.
I have this urgent need to press
Onward o'er thy path,
Hurry Lord, spare me from
Thy awful wrath.
Lord, let me speak in tongues
That I may know its you,
Indulge me Lord, to kiss thy feet