john hardesty Poems
- The Mercy Seat The trials of one's squalor So grim and ...
- An Existential Sigh The freethinker peddles his thoughts of ...
- God's Infinite Task Overwhelms the immoderate mortal, Where...
- Sleepless Star Long ere creation spurn The stars shone in ...
- Creation Of Haiku There is no brilliance in creating one ...
- An Engram Of Blackness Firm in my stance, vintage in ...
I live and die by philosophy! ! 'The mind is the man, and knowledge mind; a man is but what he knoweth..'__ Francis Bacon more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''The truest scepter, is the pen in hand.''The pen is mightier than the sword, poets have said!
''Our bodies belong to time, our souls belong to eternity.''Perpetuity, the key to all existing lives.
The Mercy Seat
The trials of one's squalor
So grim and pallor,
My anxiety followed me through the door
Filled in anguish, subdued and pardoned no more;
This scepter into the short future is terror
Like peering into past's broken mirror,
The stowaways and runaways
Run from their inner demons from Monday through Sunday;
Roughhewn, tattered and worn, my tenure,
But, God, I'm thankful for all I've endured,
Please forgive me, and find my lonely and secular grave,
Reunite my ashes, thy soul to save,
Return me to glory,
This solemn and everlasting story.