John Hess Poems
- Sitting On The Porch Sitting on this porch, I look to the ...
- Lost A Best Friend Everything's different now, his heart ...
- You That I See I feel the world crushing, closing in on me; ...
- Dark Is The Night Standing alone here, here in the night; ...
- Baby Girl I love you so; Nothing compares. I love you so; ...
- Accept Your Blight As he walks the path he remembers her; ...
- Alone I Stand It Seems I cried the day we wed, standing ...
Leilehua High School, Hawaii
Community College of the Air Force
Retired after 26 yrs in Air Force
Two daughters and one son more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Hess
Sitting On The Porch
Sitting on this porch, I look to the tree;
Standing there alone now, the only thing I see.
The cold of season changing, causing it to sway;
If it had a voice I wonder what it would say.
Just a year ago it wasn't all alone;
The tornado blew on past and left the others prone.
So now this giant oak tree, standing at the end;
Finds the squirrels and birds are gone, no one to befriend.
Branches missing here and there, looks as if its sad;
Reminds me of my life right now, how things are going bad.
The leaves are changing color now, all turning brown; ...