Kamiel Choi Poems
- Two Strangers How much peace is in an evening walk of two ...
- `light Of Love I stand next to the ocean the light of our ...
- I Will Be Ninety-Five I will be ninety-five and I will play ...
- Message To The Future I risk an early death by sitting down ...
- Poetry Poetry is always celebration or its opposite. Making ...
- A Smartphone A smartphone is a Viennese Kaffeehaus in your ...
- Behold My Trickery Today Behold my trickery today: I ...
Born 1979 in the Netherlands, studied philosophy, now juggling interests in poetry, philosophy, resistance, writing novels, sustainable living, and traveling. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''For maggots, happiness is just around the coroner''Kamiel Choi
''let me speak of love, for it should be no silent thing.''Kamiel Choi
''Not what you do professionallyKamiel Choi
but what can entertain you defines who you are.''
''I want my words to live in a redeeming, magnificent songKamiel Choi
to worship the hole in freedom''
''My words that are idiot contracts written to the music of escape.''Kamiel Choi
Comments about Kamiel Choi
How much peace is in an evening walk
of two near strangers at the bay
when they hold hands and gently talk
even if their peace - has gone away
How much truth lies there, for a little while
when of human needs the most divine
between a thoughtful nod and then a smile
is shared by eyes like yours and mine
The sea is whispering quietly below
her waves are pushing light shadows ashore
we inspired each other - and smiled even more
Our shadows, let's pick them up before we go
because the moonlight won't restore
those shadows and this instant, never ...