Katharine Lee Bates
Katharine Lee Bates Poems
- America The Beautiful O beautiful for spacious skies, ...
- Eavesdropping THOUGH the winds but stir on their hoary ...
- If You Could Come My love, my love, if you could come once ...
- Above The Battle Honor and pity for the smitten field, The ...
- Glory At the crowded gangway they kissed good-bye. He had ...
- Blood Road The Old Year groaned as he trudged away, His ...
- New Year WHITE year, white year, Muffled soft in snow, A ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
America The Beautiful
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
God shed His grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern, impassioned stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!