Leah Ayliffe Poems
- Peace In Lonliness Distant bells open my eyes Bringing me ...
- Wilting Life To wander in the distance, over a petal of a ...
- Secret Song my biggest secret, and saddest song,
- Devour Me The mundane talk around me makes me want to die I ...
- Eternal Wanderlust Beside the clouds I can clearly see I'm ...
- Paradise City Vegas, notorious as the city of sin, My sweet...
- Lost In Autumn You went missing in the autumn where were you...
Queen of Wonderland; even the Brightest Angel is Darkened by time.
Make Life a work of Art.
Our lives can't be lived in flames. Our lives can't be lit like saints' hearts, seared between heaven and earth. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Peace In Lonliness
Distant bells open my eyes
Bringing me back to where i am
My dream now lost in my mind
I'm awake as I'll ever be
I walk the crowded streets at dawn
Each step mocking a sound
A reminder that I'm alone
Lonliness is not so bad
There's room to breathe,
to hear yourself think
Company can be a heavy burden
A red apple catches my eye
i steal a bite and savour its taste
i stop to smile at the children at the park
They giggle, leaving a shadow of innocent laughter
I want to weep but instead i sigh
Life will bring them down soon enough
I walk through ...