Leila Ired Poems
- The Dunce -Translation He says no with his head but he says ...
- Paris At Night -Translation Three matches lit one by one in ...
- Juxtaposition They say, between black and white there is ...
- Immigration Policy Why not eliminate the outsiders? and ...
- New Age Feminism I like being angry. I like the wolf rasping...
- Crosswalk If the world were a crosswalk two straight white ...
- Motivations / Goals For my sister. It is not for you the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Leila Ired
The Dunce -Translation
He says no with his head
but he says yes with his heart
he says yes to what he likes
he says no to his teacher
and all the problems are posed
suddenly crazy laughter takes him
and he erases it all
the numbers and the words
the dates and the nouns
the sentences and the traps
and despite the master's threats
under the jeers of the prodigy children
with chalk of every color
on the blackboard of misery
he draws the face of joy