Linh Dinh Poems
- Vertigo He has a muscular torso With a thousand ...
- Are You Refined? I used to paint with linseed, Now I paint ...
- Death Will Come With Your Eyes Death will come with your ...
- Two Man and woman watch each other lying in bed: their two ...
- My Local Burning If it feels and looks like racing, And ...
- Toy For Future Children A blind and deaf bullet buried in the...
- Love Tokens (A Translation Of ...
Linh Dinh was born in Saigon, Vietnam in 1963, came to the US in 1975, and has also lived in Italy and England. He is the author of two collections of stories and four books of poems. His work has been anthologized in Best American Poetry 2000, Best American Poetry 2004, Best American Poetry 2007 and Great American Prose Poems from Poe to the Present, among other places. Linh Dinh is also the editor of the anthologies Night, Again: Contemporary Fiction from Vietnam (Seven Stories Press 1996) and Three Vietnamese Poets (Tinfish 2001) , and translator of Night, Fish and Charlie Parker, the poetry of Phan Nhien Hao (Tupelo 2006) . Blood and Soap was chosen by the Village Voice as one of the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Linh Dinh
He has a muscular torso
With a thousand erections
Lighting up the night sky
But none sticks up more
Than the twin cocks.
Who would think of going all the way
Downtown to castrate
With two knives ablaze?
A muscular story ends.
He now speaks differently
And cannot look into the void