Lorene Kinsey Poems
- “i Still Think About You Every... The words haunting, ...
- Broken Showers down like broken glass Upon the girl who ...
- Turning Two Leaves of green are turning fast Another ...
- The Old House On Hickory Grove... On a trip down memory ...
- Old Boyfriend Sense his eyes peering over my words, imagining...
- Slander Speaks of her, the mother of his children, The team...
- Marking Our Memories Had a minute to jot this down mark our ...
I have been writing since I was in the 4th grade. I hated to write, but there I was, scratching my pencil across the pages one, two, ten. Only two required and yet I could not stop myself. It was not the writing I hated, but the editing, rewriting, by hand each of my words then melting them into sentences again. This uncontrollable writing started at 9.
During summers, I would begin ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lorene Kinsey
“i Still Think About You Every Day”
The words haunting, comforting,
A fragment of my past drops in
Makes her random visit
To shake my once fragile world,
But I am a stranger to her now, cold,
Untouchable. Absorb the memory,
Then tend to homework, dishes,
Chores distracting, physical focus
Controlling minds desire
To be swept away to that place
In our playful history.