Maria Schmitt Poems
- Name What would result if your name meant nothing some ...
- Melting The light from the streelamps was golden and ...
- [untitled] Friends scattered across the courtyard like ...
- Your Question Is it bad that I wanted to say yes to your ...
- [i Am Suddenly Overwhelmed] I am suddenly overwhelmed with a ...
- Shaking I stepped outside of myself last night when our ...
- [let Me Sleep] Let me sleep through the static and then carry...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Maria Schmitt
What would result
if your name meant nothing
some accented syllables
is all that it is.
An identity? I think not.
So many share it with you
are lost in the lines and curves.
An “m” here, an “e” there,
mix it up and you’re no longer
or that other one.
Rip it off your chest,
“Hello, my name is ____.”
It’s the blank that concerns me.
You are more than a self-adhesive advertisement.
and a mystery to be discovered.