Martin Ayanbare Ayankola
Martin Ayanbare Ayankola Poems
- I Hope It Is You Friends in times of tribulations Are as ...
- May Sunshine Kiss Your Eyes May sunshine kiss your eyes May ...
- I Believe Don’t blame me if my song is lifeless Like a dead ...
- For You I Groan Zimbabwe For you I groan Zimbabwe For you I...
- I Shall Return Cold holds me in a strong grip As I sing this...
- Horror Race As the dusk gave way to dawn I was trekking on ...
- Hope In Despair I hope one day my voice will be heard Far ...
A practising Nigerian Journalist. I am married and love watching football and political developments in my country and the world. I love meeting people from all over the world, My kind of music is reggae because of its philosophical message. I sing about love and missed opportunities in Africa, a continent that needs redemption. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Martin Ayanbare Ayankola
I Hope It Is You
Friends in times of tribulations
Are as scarce as pennies in the pockets of a pauper
When you are in the sunny side of life
Friends are many like pebbles on the sea shore
But when you run into life’s cruel storm
Friends are as scarce as teeth in the mouth of a nonagenarian
We all shall have wintry days
When we shall need somebody to sing us lullaby to sleep
Like a little baby
When we shall desire the warmth of love
I hope it will be you
That will comfort me when I cry
Bottle-feed me when I am hungry
And rock me like a little ...