Mike Finley Poems
- A Prayer For Resilience As the mountain hungers to be made ...
- Prayer Of Thomas Merton (Rewri... Where I am going, I don't ...
- Proof Of God Is in the breath so simple. Breathe in, breathe...
- Cycling Biking down Laurel Avenue at ten o'clock, I see a ...
- A Prayer For Poets Let a thing be what we say it is, if a ...
- Is There Nascar In Heaven? There surely must be because of ...
- Alien Abduction You were innocent, you shared The prejudices...
In the 1970s I was a much-published young poet. But I have since gone into hiding.
http: //mfinley.com/booklist2.htm more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Prayer For Resilience
As the mountain hungers to be made flat
So I burn for your salvation.
Help me to forgive the airplanes
strafing me on the skyscraper.
The centipedes in the pillowcase
know not what they do.
Spread open my chest with a spring-clamp
And let my heartbeat keep my time.
These trembling hands want work.
These clapping lips want song.
To you I lift a styrofoam cup.
Pile on, dear God, pile on!