Nicanor P. Tiosen
Nicanor P. Tiosen Poems
- Soon I'Ll Hear The Trumpet Cal... Once, I tried to climb a ...
- Even If It Takes A Lifetime If it takes a lifetime to ...
- Once Upon A Beautiful Island! Once in every lifetime a ...
- Till Victory Comes Shining People who are born fighters do ...
- Song Of Life Listen young one to a haunting song. Listen to...
- Tell Me If I'M Wrong In life, nothing is ...
- Thus Speaks The Dust We are the children of the dust. Like ...
The third of nine children born to Nemesio, Sr. and Corazon. In 1974, he finished a four-year course in Arts and Sciences leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science from the Divine Word University of Tacloban City. He graduated Magna cum laude. In 1985, he graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Evangelical Ministry at New Era University and also finished his Master of Arts in College Teaching... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Soon I'Ll Hear The Trumpet Call!
Once, I tried to climb a mountain
Hurrying to explore the top;
But vines and crags slowed my ascent
And so I reached just half-way up.
Far out to the open sea I sailed
Questing for a verdant field;
Alas! A gust of wind drove fast
Both my boat and hope were crushed!
Who can ignore the valley's lure?
Songbirds, butterflies dancing galore;
Deep in reverie - too late to mourn,
I got entangled midst thickets and thorns!
Heavenward, the journey is trial-fraught
As man is wont to find;
If one should keep on going though -