Nicole M. Martin
Nicole M. Martin Poems
- The End when the world is darker than death the sun ...
- Dead Hamster Day Headache Backache Heartache Too Hot With ...
- Atlas F*ck me ‘til I’m dry Take everything there is I’m ...
- Climbing Hanging from the tree in her backyard We’re too old...
- Seeing Nothing censors no fog, no cigarette smoke no ...
- A Bird And A Fish There is the way you look at me, Then how...
- La Bellisima (Most Beautiful) You sigh in sleep As the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
when the world is darker than death
the sun extinguished
and the ashen seas undulating endlessly
I will take your hand in mine
Brother, Sister, Father, Mother, Lover, Stranger, Child
and we will wander as we once did
soul-sleeved and barefoot
among the ruined ramparts
in the graveyard of our reality
I will call out our names
and they will be one: Mankind
and we will bide
the black unrelenting
the sky unanswering
the earth unforgiving
when our gods have forsaken us in sorrow
I will kiss your brow
and we will be sustained by the ...