Parker Griffith Poems
- Oh How I Wish Oh how I wish I would wake in the morning to ...
- My Own Private Orchestra The wind plays through the trees ...
- Them And Us And as the world turns We sit love and ...
- Save Me From Myself Oh won’t you save me From myself I’ve ...
- Twisted Twisted, Beaten, Broken, Battered,
- God In Your Infinite Wisdom God in your infinite wisdom And ...
- A Million Lights A million lights dart before my eyes ...
I'm a dreamer, an idealist, I have a grudge against realists, I'm looking for love, I'm looking for change, and yet I wish it would all stay the same, I'm tired of hate, I'm inspired to create, try as I might I can't believe in fate, I'm a loner, I'm a stoner, a typical college student poppin a boner, I'm competitive as hell if you couldn't already tell, I bottle up my emotions, what you see is a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Oh How I Wish
Oh how I wish I would wake in the morning to see,
To see what glorious things happen to be waiting for me.
What ripe adventure could begin anew,
Spring forth with joy in all I say and do.
I'd show the world who's boss by the end of the day,
Just to go to sleep and start all over again.
But those days they seem no more than a dream.
Now life passes me by,
Or so it may seem.
If the world were my oyster I'd leave it unshucked,
And thank god it's not; if it were we'd be f***ed.
But speaking in riddles never solved a thing.
So here I am.
Just a bored ...