patricia merritt Poems
- With Open Arms A child needs love they come to us from ...
- Spirit Of A Child A Mother holds her son close to her ...
- Papa's Knee Home from work tired and hungry, he always ...
- Our Flag Stands for strength Waves for courage And freedom
- Sisters We fought, we argued thru the years. We nicpick, we...
- Mothers Love Holds her child close feels their pain ...
- Son My little boy has grown to a fine man. A father a ...
Married have four children and nine grandchildren.
My grandchildren inspire me to write, watch them playing, how they inneract with their siblings and other children.
I wrote the poem 'Little One', I was inspired by a
photograph that was taken of her sleeping on a white satin pillow. 'PaPas Knee' watching their grandpa rocking one of the other grandbabys on his lap.
These and... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about patricia merritt
With Open Arms
A child needs love they come to us
When they come to you with a scrapped
knee you pick them up so tenderly.
They lift their arms up to you hoping
to receive you'r open arms, knowing
that you care that they can sleep with
There are children that don't feel the
peace and love, oh so many children
are in pain, going to bed with empty
They need to know their on our minds,
they are not forgotten.
With open arms we can prevent this,
caress them wipe their tears, to show
them they do not have to fear.
With Open ...