0244the Soul's Mirror - Poem by Michael Shepherd
Do you wish to know what is your 'soul',
in all its glory, and its whole estate?
To know if it knows but a part, or All?
Its birth; its growth, its life - or lives; its fate?
Is it the watcher, even of itself?
Is it its own revealer, beyond words?
Can wise men tell us its true health and wealth?
If not, can we be sure that it exists?
For lack of witness to the soul's true bounds,
then, witness all the wonders of the world
of nature, beauty, law: then, what responds
in our self's mirror, is soul's map unfurled:
unbounded witness to its Maker; masked,
until for glorious proof of this it's asked!
Comments about 0244the Soul's Mirror by Michael Shepherd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda