(03new!) Beyond The Hills - Poem by Max Reif
I gazed across the valley
at the mute, brown hills beyond,
dappled with dark, round, oaks,
that remind me of Africa's veld.
'What lies beyond you, hills? '
I asked, trying to peer
with imagination's eye
beyond and beyond and beyond,
into the heart of the world.
But the mist of my small, measured mind,
the haze of my limited life
grabbed onto the hills as I peered,
and I could not see beyond.
Comments about (03new!) Beyond The Hills by Max Reif
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl