A Chance - Poem by Pink Pixie
If there was a chance, just one perfect moment in time.
Would I have the courage to take it, finally make something mine.
So many chances that I have watched pass me by,
never having the courage or the strength to try.
This scared little girl that is buried deep inside,
never lets me forget and warns me to hide.
Caught under the weight of things long since past,
forever trapped in the shadow it has cast.
Searching for courage, for hope, and for love,
constantly fearing that I'll never be good enough.
Looking for a lifeline, a way to finally break free,
say goodbye to that little girl and finally be me.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about A Chance by Pink Pixie
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl