Escape - Poem by Pink Pixie
I lie in desperation, endlessly drifting on the tide,
Whispering from shore to shore, A lonely sea to ride.
No last communion there to behold, only death's cold glare!
Cast upon a withered beach, on sands that would not care.
My life in the sunset sentenced to drift without a single friend,
Somehow my life has come to this A silent yet graceful end.
Drawing from within myself I wish to delay the pain I fear,
But torture premates my very soul I find no comfort there.
The end looms in hate, my conscience long since slain.
Where all my faith in love could not, death now stops the pain.
I find my place at long last, escaping from love's eternal lie.
A heart in life consumed by pain, no longer shall you cry.
Comments about Escape by Pink Pixie
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl