U Win Kyi
A Laid-Off Worker (2) (Work Is Money) - Poem by U Win Kyi
When I had a job
I worked until I felt 'exhaust '
earning favor from my boss.
I had no time to play with my kids,
no time to take them to a pinic.
I had too many overtime duty in roster list.
I had no time to attend mass on Sunday.
No time to help my wife any day.
' Time is money.' as everybody says.
I had plenty of money
but I was not happy
because so bound by work and not free.
After being laid-off, I have now plenty of time
but my pocket is empty of dime.
All I can do is ' whine '.
Comments about A Laid-Off Worker (2) (Work Is Money) by U Win Kyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda