A Message For The Meek - Poem by Matthew McKellar
Tell me not in mournful words that the devil will destroy my soul. For out of love I have been kind and humble God's favor is my goal.
Tell me not in a simple glance that his favor I do not seek. For this is why I have been very tolerable and with love I have given the good word to the meek.
Tell me not in a painful sigh. That my life has no meaning and that too someday I will die.
For this will be my reply
Should not the meek inherit the earth? For this is my God given right since the day of my birth! - Matthew McKellar
Comments about A Message For The Meek by Matthew McKellar
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl