Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
A Mother's Heart Breaks For Her Son - (Jeffy-Pooh) - Poem by Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
Though I only had you for a month, that time though short,
will remain in my heart, and mind for a lifetime.
You were so young, sweet, adorable.
You smiled, even up until the end.
I held you in my arms as you took your last breath,
tears rolling down my cheeks, and falling upon your tiny little body.
If only I could have done more than just holding you, and stroking your cheek,
and telling you we would meet again someday far into the future.
Mortality, what a cruel gift which can be taken away in the blink of an eye.
Comments about A Mother's Heart Breaks For Her Son - (Jeffy-Pooh) by Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda