A New Pastime - Poem by Joyce Hemsley
Jaded and bored all the day through
Idle moments were making him blue.
Given the inclination and a forthright decision
Some suitable hobby may solve his ambition
A jigsaw puzzle could bring much joy
Wonderful for an art-loving boy.
Positive thinking and he was away.
Upholstery could wait till another day.
Zest and interest, no-one could deny
Zeal and enthusiasm hit the sky...
Lo and behold ~ the puzzle's complete
Exemplary picture of an old English Street.
Comments about A New Pastime by Joyce Hemsley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl