Patrick Scott Hogg
* A Rainbow Inside - New Version 2010 - Poem by Patrick Scott Hogg
The golden sun sets o’er the sea
Across the sand you walk with me
The stars begin to fill the skies
You are the Heaven in my eyes
As silver waves dance too and fro
In the moon-tide we ebb and flow
From the hearts of fire to the coldest star
What kind of love do you hide?
From the broken people at the broken bar
What kind of love? – a rainbow inside!
‘Beauty of heart is truth’ I know
Let all the hurt inside you go
We are only what we feel
Honesty and trust will reveal
We’re only living when in love
Will you be my hand in glove?
There’s a fire dancing on the river
Here and now, the soul’s forever
A spirit sings and calls your name
In your eyes I see it’s flame
O hold me darling till night goes by
Hold me sweet DARLING let me cry.
Comments about * A Rainbow Inside - New Version 2010 by Patrick Scott Hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda