! ! A Stroke Of Insight - Poem by Michael Shepherd
The therapist, accompanying her
on that first safari to the Laundromat,
as she gazed at coins that were meaningless,
said 'what’s one and one? '
'What’s a one? ' she replied;
and somewhere, at the back
of life’s circling cycle, wisdom met
with innocence, and cried and laughed...
Early in her recovery,
her brain’s left hemisphere yet to heal,
she could not speak her messages
and yet – both hemispheres collaborating - still
could sing them..
as perhaps, the angels know.
Comments about ! ! A Stroke Of Insight by Michael Shepherd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl