A Virgin In First Night. - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
The petals of the flower have crinkled.
The crest of the apple has slanted,
Its peduncle having relaxed.
There’re cuts littered on fleshy stem.
The burrow was bored to bring a stream
The cortex was torn, latex oozing.
Not that a tree is in destruction
but that a virgin is in consummation.
Comments about A Virgin In First Night. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda