Abyss, Notwithstanding - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
The deep abyss that divides us
Couldn’t block us.
We could still cast our glances,
Smell each other’s presence,
Listen to silent message,
Feel our aura, taste the image,
Each musing on the other in visualization
As if we were not on the opposite cliffs.
Which of our five senses
Can the abyss put seal to?
The abyss is welcome
In that we are beyond suspicion.
Comments about Abyss, Notwithstanding by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl