Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
Alas! Our Country Is Doomed To Hell! - Poem by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
Alas! Our Country is doomed to hell,
The Freedom Mansion is up in flames!
Fie! Helplessly you gaped,
When came a Horde of Foreigners
And plundered your Land!
Smashed through your defences, they did-
Come! Attack like a swarm of locusts, of them be rid!
Fie! Riches of Freedom they have looted away-
Yet unmoving like the dead you stay!
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Alas! Our Country Is Doomed To Hell! by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl