Alternate Reality - Poem by Carlos Gutierrez
A petal for a kiss,
A rose for an eternity.
From unlikely worlds,
Are never meant to be together.
As I lay my head on the whitest of pillows,
I find myself lost and wandering around alternate realities.
In this made-to-not-believe world I play pretend in,
I imagine that you would ever love me.
Countless roads and an infinity...
Of ever boundless possibilities...
Our bodies may be trembled and shaken by storms,
But even when it rains or snows,
Our bodies interwine and lock to embrace the change of an unpredictable weather,
And while I can't promise you the world,
I can always promise you forever...
Comments about Alternate Reality by Carlos Gutierrez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda