Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
America Is - Poem by Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
America is red, white, and blue,
the colors that stand so brave, and true.
Men in battle facing death,
Men in the world provoking crime, and theft.
America stand up on your feet,
Hold proudly out the flag, tenderly, and sweet.
America is home of the true,
Of people at peace like me, and you.
Red is for the blood in battle we do shed, white is for the peace we all share,
But sometimes we seldom even care.
Blue is for the sky where our fathers have gone, and stayed,
Watching us as we fight for peace both night, and day.
Comments about America Is by Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl