Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers - - Poem by | Poem Hunter
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
Anecdote For Fathers - Poem by William Wordsworth
I HAVE a boy of five years old;
His face is fair and fresh to see;
His limbs are cast in beautyÕs mold
And dearly he loves me.
One morn we strolled on our dry walk,
Or quiet home all full in view,
And held such intermitted talk
As we are wont to do.
My thoughts on former pleasures ran;
I thought of Kilve's delightful shore,
Our pleasant home when spring began,
A long, long year before.
A day it was when I could bear
Some fond regrets to entertain;
With so much happiness to spare,
I could not feel a pain.
The green earth echoed to the feet
Of lambs that bounded through the glade,
From shade to sunshine, and as fleet
From sunshine back to shade.
Birds warbled round me---and each trace
Of inward sadness had its charm;
Kilve, thought I, was a favoured place,
And so is Liswyn farm.
My boy beside me tripped, so slim
And graceful in his rustic dress!
And, as we talked, I questioned him,
In very idleness.
'Now tell me, had you rather be,'
I said. and took him by the arm,
'On Kilve's smooth shore, by the green sea,
Or here at Liswyn farm?'
In careless mood he looked at me,
While still I held him by the arm,
And said, 'At Kilve I'd rather be
Than here at Liswyn farm.'
'Now, little Edward, say why so:
My little Edward, tell me why.'---
'I cannot tell, I do not know.'---
'Why, this is strange,' said I;
'For, here are woods, hills smooth and warm:
There surely must one reason be
Why you would change sweet Liswyn farm
For Kilve by the green sea.'
At this, my boy hung down his head,
He blushed with shame, nor made reply;
And three times to the child I said,
'Why, :Edward, tell me why?'
His head he raised---there was in sight,
It caught his eye, he saw it plain---
Upon the house-top, glittering bright,
A broad and gilded vane.
Then did the boy his tongue unlock,
And eased his mind with this reply:
'At Kilve there was no weather-cock;
And that's the reaon why.'
O dearest, dearest boy! my heart
For better lore would seldom yearn,
Could I but teach the hundredth part
Of what from thee I learn.
Comments about Anecdote For Fathers by William Wordsworth
Poems About Fathers
- 1. Anecdote For Fathers , William Wordsworth
- 2. The Fathers , Edwin Muir
- 3. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers In Ne.. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 4. Our Fathers Of Old , Rudyard Kipling
- 5. The Fathers , Siegfried Sassoon
- 6. My Fathers, The Baltic , Philip Levine
- 7. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 8. Our Fathers Also , Rudyard Kipling
- 9. An Indian At The Burial-Place Of His Fat.. , William Cullen Bryant
- 10. The Sins Of The Fathers , Stephen Crane
- 11. Fathers And Daughters , Harry J. Couchon Jr
- 12. Your Fathers (1985) , Max Reif
- 13. (((...And A Happy Fathers Day To Yo.. , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 14. Fathers Are Wonderful People , Helen Steiner Rice
- 15. Heavenly Fathers' Day Forever , Michael Shepherd
- 16. Fathers Day (A Reckless Slaughter) , Silent Speaker
- 17. The Fathers , Elizabeth Holmes
- 18. The Pilgrim Fathers , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 19. My Fathers Eyes , Karin Elizabeth Martin
- 20. The Fathers , Rose Marie Juan Austin
- 21. Father Poetry: A Fathers Tribute , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 22. 0016 Fathers, Sons, And Families , Michael Shepherd
- 23. The Pilgrim's Fathers , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 24. Fathers Anger You , Kirsty Lucas
- 25. Fathers Don'T Grow Old , Jemarie Ragudo
- 26. A Fathers Love Is Forever , Peter Beauregard
- 27. The Graves Of Our Fathers , Charles Mackay
- 28. Fathers Are The Men From Sky , Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- 29. Anecdote For Fathers , Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch
- 30. Fathers Dilemma (Daughters Stages) , louis rams
- 31. A Fathers Promise ' For A Daughter ' , Roger Horsch
- 32. A Fathers Love , dani fries
- 33. Fathers Day , kevin glenn
- 34. Brothers, Fathers, Sisters, Mothers , Egal Bohen
- 35. Happy Fathers Day 'Dad' , Poison 9901
- 36. To Whom It May Concern... Fathers, Mothe.. , David Beckham
- 37. Father Poetry: Fathers Are , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 38. What Are Fathers Made Of? , Diane Wright
- 39. Fathers , Scarlett Treat
- 40. Dear Fathers , Otteri Selvakumar
- 41. A Fathers Daughter , louis rams
- 42. Day Of The Fathers , Bernard F. Asuncion
- 43. Faith Of Our Fathers Living Still , Barney Rooney
- 44. Fathers Against Sons , nader baheri
- 45. Not All Fathers Will Get A Chance To Cel.. , Elena Plotkin
- 46. To Fathers' , Marilyn Lott
- 47. Fathers Of Atonement , Frank Bana
- 48. Not All Fathers Are Dads , Francie Lynch
- 49. A Fathers Reminiscence... , Jonathan Maldonado
- 50. A Fathers Words To His Child. , R. K. Hart
New Fathers Poems
- Beede Odun (If The Home Is In Crisis) !, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- A Country In Distress, Loke Kok yee
- Scenic Irony!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Fathers - Fathers As Good Role Models, Paul Warren
- Fathers, We Have A Question For You, Monica Rupazo
- Plight Of My Generation, Damilare Tella
- Dawn Of A New Age, victoria goddy
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- carpe diem