American Dream Girl - Poem by chelsi Ruffing
They tell me she's the all American dream girl
Everything about her is so perfect and sweet
There could never be a thing wrong with her
They all stop and stair when she walks in the room
They only see her smile and beautiful eyes.
No one knows behind those eyes is so much pain
No one ever sees the tears this poor girl cries
She has it all but someone who cares
So I stand there in the shadows
Holding out my hands for her to take
I let her cry on my shoulders
I whisper in her ear 'everything will be OK'
She looks deep into my eyes
Holding onto my tight
I say 'I'll always be here'
Tears fall from her eyes.
As I whisper 'I love you little sis' then I dissapear
Comments about American Dream Girl by chelsi Ruffing
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye