An Arrow In His Side - Poem by Ray Lucero
On a stroll through the city I passed a stranger;
Excuse me sir is that an arrow in your side?
“Yes” he replied
Would you like for me to pull it out?
Doesn’t it hurt?
“Yes it hurts like Hell”
Then why not pull it out?
“Oh, I’m used to it”
(Peculiar how so many are addicted to pain and suffering)
Comments about An Arrow In His Side by Ray Lucero
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl