As A Child - Poem by michael Smajda
Iwas a child when it happened.
He was a man from Galilee.
I heard Pontius Pilate judge Him-
Be crucified before all to see.
I saw, as a child, what happened.
The man was mocked that very day.
I saw Him flogged as He shouldered
A wood cross as He made His way.
I heard, as a child, His anguish
As His hands, feet were being nailed.
As a young child, I stood helpless-
I watched His heart being impaled.
It was not till I grew older
I realized a wrong was done.
This preacher was a holy man.
I do believe He was God's Son.
Comments about As A Child by michael Smajda
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda