Be My Doctor - Poem by Francis Kokutse
Be my doctor
and let me know
the cause of this
sudden irregular heartbeat
that is worrying my chest is love.
Tell me after you've read
the reports from the ECG department
that the virus that has eaten
deep into my chest is a disease
called love and it has no cure.
Let the prognosis not come from
any known medical journal so,
just make it up and tell me
things don't look good and that
my condition is a terminal one.
Cover me up with your love balm
and smile to me to reassure me
that l would be fine and that you
would always be there for me,
Do not look for any medication.
just embrace me and give me the
cuddles that would lighten the
tightness in my chest muscles
so that l can smile back to you.
Comments about Be My Doctor by Francis Kokutse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl