Beautiful And Original - Poem by Uriah Hamilton
Be careful not to exist
As an illusion or a dream;
Be careful not to disappear
Into the convenience
Of another human being,
Into someone else’s definition
Of whom you are.
You can imagine that you are Christ,
Close your eyes and believe
That you’re Krishna,
Try to become your next door neighbor
Or the handsome celebrity
Whose world is so gorgeously happy
But it will never satisfy
Your hunger for a meaningful and spiritual life.
This is the only time and place you have
To become your authentic self,
To look in the mirror of your own eyes
And see someone beautiful and original.
Comments about Beautiful And Original by Uriah Hamilton
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl