C Richard Miles
Bradford Is Shut On A Monday - Poem by C Richard Miles
Bradford is shut on a Monday
If a museum visit’s your bent
For I was expecting a fun day
When I bought a day rover and went
I tried to go look at the media
Museum with old photographs
But there was a sign to impede you:
“Closed today”: They were having a laugh.
So another idea invaded
And wormed its way into my head
To see painted pictures I waded
Through rain to Art Galleries instead.
But, on that day, dismal and rainy
My spirits received more downfall
When another sign read to dismay me
On the door of the closed Cartwright Hall
Sorry, we’re shut on a Monday
So I’m writing this poem to say
If you want to see Bradford, shun Monday.
You must go on a different day.
Comments about Bradford Is Shut On A Monday by C Richard Miles
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl