C Richard Miles
C Richard Miles Poems
- Changes We sometimes say we need a change, As a change is ...
- Caterpillar, Caterpillar - A C...
- Zoo Fruit Feeding Time At the zoo's fruit feeding time: An ...
- Watching The Cherry Blossom Da...
- Sunshot On The Bus Ride To Heb...
- A Sense Of Spring Now let me taste the tones of spring, The...
- A Faithful Friend Since it was fashioned on the turner’s ...
Brought up in the rustic backwoods of the Yorkshire Dales, I have been exiled, through self-infliction, in the metropolis of London for over half my life, living near the notorious Murder Mile.
I started writing poetry at the somewhat advanced age of 46 (Jan 2008 - to be precise) but have caught the bug, the above locations providing some inspiration for some of my poems, which ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
We sometimes say we need a change,
As a change is good as a rest
But often fail to ponder
If change is for the best.
When we feel change will do the trick
And it’s time for a change,
Do we really stop to think
And have a frank exchange?
For “change, for change’s sake” can mean
That, as our rooms have faded,
When we change the wallpaper,
The furniture looks jaded.
And if we change too many things
In way, or shape, or form
Then constant need to change occurs
And change becomes the norm.
And change becomes our mentor