Broken - Poem by Colette Wintrow
Sitting here in the dark all alone, falling apart.
I can't stop the tears, I can't feel my heart.
You left me to die, and all we had was a lie.
You promised I was safe, that I won't go unloved,
that you don't want to see me cry.
Then I guess you closed your eyes when I did. No need for goodbyes, you don't need to apologize. It was to late then and it's to late now.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Broken by Colette Wintrow
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl