Buddy (To Evan Dando) - Poem by Aram Stefanian
A red and yellow falling leaf outside my window
Reminds me of my shattered sympathetic heart.
I wish I could never with my adolescence part
To be on the same wavelength with Evan Dando.
I kinda shoulda sorta woulda loved my drug buddy;
To get out of the blue funk I got laughing grass.
I'll always be there when things come to a pretty pass.
How to survive in the asphalt jungle he has to study.
Yeah, I saw nothing in his bedroom eyes but myself.
Aboard a ship without a rudder we sail up the lake.
Our past seems distorted and useless, it's a fake.
In the far hereafter I'm gonna be his merry elf.
Comments about Buddy (To Evan Dando) by Aram Stefanian
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl