But - Poem by Andy Brookes
I'm not being funny, she said, but
and I know that she is, but you have no style.
I don't mean your not stylish, she says,
but you have no style, of your own you speak
I hear too many voices.
Where is your authentic voice.
I have, I say, as many voices as my moods
as many voices as you.
I am as authentic as I am unauthentic
the devil I think is in the but not the detail.
Comments about But by Andy Brookes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda