Andy Brookes Poems
- Deep Cuts Again you perform open heart surgery with the ...
- Limerick, Bananas -new- The bananasbent so they say Don'tknow why,...
- Mighty Mysteries -new- Mock macabre musing, do we see what fools, ...
- The Creature (Inspired By Mary... emotions escalate ...
- Checkmate -new- When all the stars have gone out, one by one, ...
- Summers End -new- wheat fields edged with bitter ...
- Time Ticks Temporary -new- Time ticks temporary sentinel seconds ...
A writer of trifles and whimsies constructions of air soon forgotten. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Again you perform open heart surgery
with the skill of many years, blade wielded precision,
a sharp serpents tooth venom filled,
words strip paint but so gently said
chest lies open exposed, cardiac rhythm pulses
chambers empty and fill, a smile slowly rises on you lips,
so kissable but it never reaches your eyes.
once again you slip in and out of my life
disturbing its calm breaching walls reminding me of our bonds
call me you say as you leave.
Revulsion fills me at the thought but I know I will.
I always do.