Lawrence S. Pertillar
Clowns And Buffoons - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Daddy is busy right now.
I am having a community meeting,
With our wonderful neighbors.
You said this morning,
You would help me with my homework.'
And I will.
Give me just a few more minutes.
I'll be right with you, okay?
Is 'this' the meeting you said will be the last one,
With those clowns and buffoons?
Especially with our brain dead neighbors next door.
Those empty headed 'dorks'? '
What did I tell you about repeating 'everything',
You hear your Uncle Scotty say around here?
I thought you said Uncle Scotty left last week,
On yet 'another' honeymoon?
I thought that was 'you' talking to mommy.'
Comments about Clowns And Buffoons by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl