Lawrence S. Pertillar
Lawrence S. Pertillar Poems
- $10 A Gallon? $10 a gallon? For what? 'Does that really...
- (the) Acceptance Of A Nothing... Somehow the ...
- A Broken Heart Within A broken heart within me knows, What ...
- $5 A Barrel Of What? Oil? Now sold at what? Five dollars ...
- (the) Bigger Lie Which liars deny, They did or did not ...
- (the) Benefit Of Needless Co... Blessed are those, Who...
- (the) Budding Grace Of April It's the 28th of April, And ...
============================================ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POET, ACTOR, PLAYWRIGHT, PERFORMING ARTIST
POET: Named “One of America’s Most Distinguished Poets” by The International Society of Poets
One man presentation of MindPrints from Untouched Places (Dir by: Maxine Kern-New York City) performed locally... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
First qualify you can identify,To a life lived overcoming my own obstacles.
What the lesson is to be taught.
If a position of wisdom is to be taken.
And before claiming a success to get,
Can be achieved...
$10 A Gallon?
$10 a gallon?
'Does that really matter now?
When it approached
One dollar per gallon...
You should have voiced your concern then!
Not when your pockets have gotten thin.
And deepened to hold more lint!
You want to make cents?
Put these sunglasses on.
Grab a twig from a bush...
And get to begging!
You might gain some sympathy,
From someone who recognizes you are in disguise.
And they are in the mood,
To share with you their good attitude.
IF they have some of 'that' left! '