Consequences - Poem by Biff McGuire
Do we ever look to the future effects?
A decision not thought about now?
Is it wise that a man should jump into the lake?
Try to swim without first knowing how?
Is the fire really hot? Is the ice really cold?
Is a tongue on the flagpole just stupid? Or bold!
Our minds are banked heavy with all of the answers
To questions we should have asked then
Are all the regrets in our lives here a standard?
Is it not how we go, but just when?
If a plan doesn’t work, well then plan it some more
The first step in a sale put your foot in the door!
To catch a fish, first bait the hook
Intelligence, first read a book.
To brush aside life’s common senses
Leads to dire consequences
Comments about Consequences by Biff McGuire
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl