Lawrence S. Pertillar
Contentions - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
By their own inhabitions.
That would never come!
So for fun and Earthly pleasures done,
Self destruction begun...
As planned from the planting.
Contentions spent in doubt,
As irrelevent pretentions
Wiped them out!
And attempts to save them were declined.
Since they sought to define themselves,
With no time left to borrow!
Stalled their collective purpose and intent!
And they lost to ineffectiveness.
With any worthiness not missed at all!
Comments about Contentions by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl