Dwayne Earle Gordon
Death - Poem by Dwayne Earle Gordon
Who am I?
Who am I living for and why?
I spend all my years in school trying to get an education
Then death takes it away.
It took my Grandfather, Grandmother from the other side
And now it took away my best friend.
Why was it created in the first place?
Why is it always the good ones who have to die?
Is it because we try too hard to be the best that we can be?
They say when you die you are resting.
Is this phrase really true?
I am missing all my relatives and friends that died, and I know they miss me too.
Don't be afraid to live your life because of death, cause it just won't work.
Do the best that you can now that you're alive
We have one life to live, just live it
Live it with all your might.
Comments about Death by Dwayne Earle Gordon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl