Lawrence S. Pertillar
Deceived - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
We are reaching critical mass.
In a way not seen before.
In a way that all doors...
Of distrust, bigotry and fear
Will be broken down to crumble!
And love and harmony will come,
To clear those times we fought the many
For just some...
Because we were taught by them,
To despise each other.
Those 'others' who now despise one another!
We have been deceived!
And when that is revealed and received in our minds,
We will begin to heal our wounded hearts.
It will take time!
And that time soon will come!
We have been deceived...
And that is what we needed to know,
To break down the barriers of hatred and grow!
Comments about Deceived by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl